Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

I have a 1998 Mercury 200 EFI and need to change the

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Mercury 200 EFI and need to change the thermostats (I think they were the original ones that came in it) what I need to know is the torc specs, don't know if it;s in/ft. bl or what , either way i need to know the correct amount of torc for that thermostat cover. Can you guy's yelp me? P.S. Do all the mercs of that size or type supposed have that weak of water flow out of the pee hole? Thank you very much for helping me PLEASE E-MAIL BACK AT***@******.*** if you can, thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The 2 screws for the t-stat cover spec is 16.5 ft.lbs.

These engine don't have a strong flow from the tell tale the pump is a volume pump not pressure.

Post back if you need further assistance.

Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Please don't forget to positively rate me help as that is the only way I get credit for helping you.

Follow up questions are always welcome at no extra charge on this subject even after you have rated.

Thank you.........Tan