TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Mechanic
Experience:  Former Kawasaki pwc tech. current Honda pwc tech.
8313095

My 2013 Yamaha waverunner was starting but would not stay

Customer Question

My 2013 Yamaha waverunner was starting but would not stay running. I noticed that the resonator had melted. What waste cause of it meltng?
Category: Boat
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 12 months ago.

There are two likely causes. First a loose hose clamp on one of the cooling hoses has come loose and caused the cooling system to become inoperative. This occurs occasionally. Reference: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=191804

It will require a check of all the cooling system hose clamps to determine if this is the cause.

The second and most likely cause is sand or seaweed has clogged the cooling system passages. This will require an inspection of the jet pump cooling water inlet, clearing any debris and flush of the cooling system to repair.

Please rate my answer so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply if you need further assistance with this.