Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

Does low pressure fuel pump Volvo pentainterchangeable on

Customer Question

Does low pressure fuel pump Volvo penta(###) ###-####interchangeable on both 350 (GM block) and 351 (Ford block). Long blocks have been switched out 3x since 1992 and I am 3rd owner.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Replacing low pressure fuel pump (VP(###) ###-####. Does it fit both 350 (GM) and 351 (ford) motors? Third long block on 1992 boat. Current block is 350 VP 5.7 Gi.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I do not understand your question. Ford and GM are different brands. Which engine do you have, and what kind of problem having?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Volvo Penta 5.7L Gi 350 GM long block installed last fall. Current low pressure fuel pump (VP(###) ###-#### ***** to be for a Ford 351. Can it be used on a 350 GM?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Lets do this a different way. What is the model number on your engine? Let me get the model number and I will look up the correct pump number for you. On your model number, Gi is a family of engines, not the model number. There will be at least 1 more letter after Gi. If you can not find the model number see if you can get the serial number on the engine, I can look it up that way as well.

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hello, just checking in. Were you able to get the model number on your engine?