Changing oil in marine QSM11 Cummins engines- I think it

Customer Question

Changing oil in marine QSM11 Cummins engines-
I think it calls for 10-40W but not sure if I can used Valvoline or must be Delo?
Category: Boat
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. You want to use the brand it calls for as some engines are built to use certain brands.I have seen piston oil rings fail on some models in the past before with the incorrect brand and weight oil used.You can check with a local parts store and they can usually tell you what is compatible with the brand the engine calls for or if the manufacturer has updated any info on any other brands that are acceptable.I recommend using he Delo over Valvoline myself. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete