Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2000 Cruisers 3275 that I bought in 2001. My fresh

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Cruisers 3275 that I bought in 2001. My fresh water tank (therefore system) is contaminated with some kind of slimy white gunk. I' m having great difficulty pumping water from the tank to sanitize it because the gunk repeatedly clogs the filter in a very short time. There is no access to the tank that I can see so I can't mechanically clean the tank. Is there anything sort of replacing the entire freshwater system I can do to clean out my freshwater tank and system?
How can I pump out the tank? Its location does not easy drainage.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. The best way will be to use an external pump and no filter, even a shop vac and suck all the water and junk from the tank. There are then cleaners you can use in the system to help it. Depending on how bad it is you may have to gain access to the tank to clean and or replace it. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.