Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2009 volvo penta 5.7 gxi j no voltage at coil no

Customer Question

i have a 2009 volvo penta 5.7 gxi j no voltage at coil no spark
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jimmy, my name is ***** ***** wire are you checking for power on at the ignition coil?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yellow and pink
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a pink with a dark green stripe wire?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not at coil
jason if you can help me get this problem resolved you will be compensated well
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
The coil should have power to it at all times. Have you checked for power into, and out of, all of the fuse in the fuel box? Do you have power at any of the common wires on the injectors?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i know that all fuses an relays have power
however i did not check power to injectors are you saying power to injectors with key on or when engine cranking ?
I do not have signal voltage coming from ecm to coil ampliphier
it is not ecm because i have good working engine on starboard and swapped out to make sure
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
The ignition coil and the injectors should always have power to them, even with the key off. If you look at the inejctors each injector has 2 wires. 1 wire color will be the same on each injector, this is what they call the common wire, and it should be the same color wire as the wire at the coil. Check for power there and let me know if you have power at the injectors or not.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
im heading to boat be there at 12.00 are you the one I will be communicating this entire session while attempting to resolve this issue
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
it will be just me. Please keep in mind we/I all do this on the side, and we are not always available.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i understand that however if you help me resolve this issue i will compensate you .
I am a marine engine repairman and have never been stumped (in 11 years) your help greatly appreciated
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Let me know what happens with power at the inejctors.