Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Right engine cranks but wont start left engine nothing JA:

Customer Question

right engine cranks but wont start left engine nothing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: yamaha exciter 270. ran fine cleared out water and parked it. now the right engine cranks but wont start and nothing on the left engine
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: i dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?What do you have here ? Yamaha boat if so I need the HIN hull numberThanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Friends boat hull number not on hand just looking for a good place to start troubleshooting
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
I need to know what you have exactly to get to a good place to start, this is a Yamaha boat correct ? not a boat with Yamaha engines, we are going to need year, model, hours on the boat, you are asking for a lot with very little ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1999 yamaha exciter 270. Dual 135 hp engines. Drained after last use. Stored with a full tank of gas. Spark plugs were checked and clean battery good. Hours not positive but used a couple times a year but can't be too much. Ran fine before winter
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
you have problems on both engines ?