Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2003 Seadoo GTX 185 Supercharged.Long story with

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Seadoo GTX 185 Supercharged.Long story with this one but right now I believe it may be triggering a knock sensor or have a faulty knock sensor. I fly Water Jetpacks, and when reaching 3-5000 it would lose lift, and the ski will rev and re-rev and not output any more power almost like when you hit the gas in a car when in neutral. From what I have gathered this may be due to the rev limiter or limp mode.I have to run the ski again to trigger the issue since I just put in the new ECM, in order to look for the code.It had an oil leak which was repaired and in the process the PCM was replaced.Looking for help diagnosing this problem from someone with experience with the issue. I am handy with skis and tools but not a ton of experience diagnosing problems.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

Hi Mike my name is Kenny

So I read all your comments, not sure if I'm getting the feel of what the ski is doing, if you can just give me an example of how it feels when riding it, so say like in the water idling, then take off, then midrange and then top speed, if you have MPH and RPM at WOT that will help.

Can I get the hours on this ski and also if you have the hull number that will help me also.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have an water jetpack business. When giving more throttle approaching 5000 rpms the ski will stop revving at a certain point and produce no additional power and just sound like it's revving and receiving very quickly. it is hard to explain without making a sound. I won't be able to get the hull number and everything until tomorrow.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ski has 76 hours but about 130 on the exam I just installed
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

So you are not actually riding this ski ?

What are you saying here ? "130 on the exam I just installed" not sure what this means

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
130 hrs on the ecm *
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am riding ski running throttle for the jetpack or fly board pilot.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

Can you ride this thing without all your stuff that you are using on it, if so, that will help me the most, I have no knowledge of your accessories that you are using.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there are no additional accessories. hrs just a strait nozzle instead of steering and then the hose and pack. nothing mechanically different on the ski
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it's just a*
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

OK I would like that hull number so I can check a few things,

Thanks, ***** ***** you would get back to me tomorrow, that OK

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, have I been refunded for this purchase? I could not find a number and took it to shop.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.

OK, you can request a refund from customer service

Thanks