Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I need the torque specifications of my 3.0 Mercruiser (4

Customer Question

I need the torque specifications of my 3.0 Mercruiser (4 cylinder)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I'm actually researching this for my father inlaw. He asked me to look up the torque specifications on our Pontoon Boat. It has been dying out & wont stay running, he is replacing the head and needs the specs on it.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Mercruisers are cataloged by serial number, can I get the serial number off of your engine so I can run it and see exactly what you have. I understand that you have a 3.0 liter engine, but different years do have different specs.Next, did you need any other spec except for the cylinder head, or was that the only one you needed?