Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

2006 350 mag mpi turns over but will not start JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

2006 350 mag mpi turns over but will not start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the engine turns over just fine but will not start
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: i just brought it out of storage for the winter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Have you done any troubleshooting on your own yet? Being a fuel injected engine there is a 50/50 chance that the engine will have to get hooked up to a scan tool How is it I can be of help to you, what kinds of questions did you have for me?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is Greg.
I am getting my boat ready from winter storage and all is good till I tried starting the engine. It is a 2006 350 mag mpi. It turns over just fine but will not start. I can hear the fuel pump activating when the key switch is turn on, I verified that i have gas to the filter, I have tried starting with the hand throttle position in 1/4 and in full throttle, the flame arrestor has been cleaned and dried, also tried starting with arrestor removed.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi Greg,Have you checked spark or fuel pressure, or checked to see if it will start on starting fluid?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not done any of those. I can get starting fluid, and a pressure gauge. What do you recommend as the proper way of checking for spark? Where do I install the pressure gauge?