Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have cold running water from all faucets but no hot. I

Customer Question

I have cold running water from all faucets but no hot. I checked tank and it has water in it. Any ideas what could be the cause?
Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Hello Rob. My name is***** the boat winterized? Check for any valves at the water heater that could be turned off. Can you take a pic of the water heater and all the lines attached to the water heater?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
winterized and just summerized, plus water system check by marina. The tech thought the faucet screen might be plugged so I took all faucets apart and cleaned them.. I asked if there was a bypass value like on RV tanks but they said no. I don't know enough about boat systems to question them on it. However, they must be right since there is water in the tank. I will sent picture.
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Ok I will need to see the pic. Some boats have bypass system. They usually have 2 valves. If they only turned the supply water on the heater will have water but iof they didn't turn on out going no hot to faucets.Does the pump run continuously or dies it shut off when you turn faucets off?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When running cold water pump comes one and off, When the hot waterr is turned on by itself, pump does not come up I have attached a picture
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Ok turn the water pump off disconnect the red tube from the water heater. Now turn water on do you get hot water?Unscrew the nut with the red arrows.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To clarify, do you mean to turn the pump back on after disconnecting red hose? If so, then I should see water coming out of the water tank connection?
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Correct hot water.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
With the pump off there was a lot of water coming out as I loosened the coupling so there is pressure in the tank. There must be a value somewhere along the line before if splits to the head and galley.
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Yep follow the red tube the valve has to be where you can access it. Look under the sink in the galley and the head.