Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have 90hp mercury optimax boat motor ,when I start it it

Customer Question

I have 90hp mercury optimax boat motor ,when I start it it will run for a minute then die.It just keeps doing the same thing when ever i start it.then it want start at all
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you. Has your engine been sitting unused for some time?When was the last time that you bought fuel?Are you getting any alarms?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

It set up for around a year and a half I drained the old gas out of it.Put new gas in it

Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. Do you have a gauge that can read over 100 PSI and screw onto a valve like that on a car tire?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

No i don't have one

Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
We are going to need something like that to do some testing on the engine. Is it possible that you can rent one from a chain auto parts store?