Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

2016 Mercury 250 ProXS with Torqu master. Had a water

Customer Question

2016 Mercury 250 ProXS with Torqu master. Had a water pressure alarm go off at 12 hrs. And the motor was in gaurdian mode. Found wood in thermostats. Cleaned them out. And cleared the codes. Took it back out and it is still in gaurdian mode. Will not rev over 5000 RPM. Mechanic did not find any new codes. Checked thermostats and they were clean. At 5000 RPM it is getting just under 20psi water pressure.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.What is the alarm pattern that you are getting? Beeping or solid tone?Which boat and which prop do you have?Did the engine spin to over 5K RPM before this happened?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Triton 20TRX. 26p Fury. One short beep at the 12hr mark. It has 13.5 hrs now. No alarms. It was running at 5600rpm wide open. prior to wood being found in thermostats.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** your break in completed? Did you go and do it all at once, or did you go out and fished?Do you happen to have SmartCraft gauges?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No smart craft. Break in done over several different 30 to 45 min trips/ runs.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Are you near the boat and ready to check on a few things?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can be in about 20 min
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
You will need an assistant as well.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dang that's more than I can do today. It is on a lift at the marina
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there a way to talk to you Sunday morning? I don't mind paying for it again
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Or Sunday night. I will have an assistant then. I can also pull the boat out too if needed
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
There are no time limits here. The question only has the one time fee, unless you chose the premium service to be on the phone with me.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
You just need to have access to the engine and the helm. If you can do that on the lift, that is fine. Otherwise you may need it back on the trailer.