Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 1988 Sear Ray Seville 18'. My seats need replacing

Customer Question

I have a 1988 Sear Ray Seville 18'. My seats need replacing and I see they are mounted on a fiberglass box. Can the box be taken out and replaced? If not where can I get just the seat and not the box?
Bob
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 10 months ago.
Hello Bob. My name is***** seat can be removed from the boxes they are mounted on. Then you just replace the seats.Here is the original design of the seat that came with the boat.Does this look like the seats you have?http://veada.com/boat-lounge-seats/boat-lounge-seat-ld100x.html
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tan - yes the seats look like the correct ones. How do I know those will fit the box and more important work with the slide inside the box?Bob
Expert:  Tan replied 10 months ago.
All of these seats are designed to work the same way. You might have to do some adjustments but they will work. I have changed many of these seats they have have always worked. They are not exact replacements but they will fit and work.If you run into issues on the installation just let me know and we fix the issue. Follow up questions are always welcome at no extra charge even after you have positively rated my help. Thank you...........Tan