Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

How do I install a Faria tachometer hour meter to a 25 hp

Customer Question

How do I install a Faria tachometer hour meter to a 25 hp Mercury outboard 2016 four stroke EFI ELPT.
The instrument is mounted and I have run the wires to the inside of the engine, I just need to know the connection points and please make it as simple as possible. Thank you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Is this a tiller control engine, or remote control? Is there a harness run from the engine up to the helm/dashboard area of the boat?
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
Are you still with me?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tony.
Tiller control
The boat is a 2015 Tracker Grizzly 1648 so there is no dashboard.
There is a small harness running from the PT&T area and goes in through a rubber grommet under the front of the engine,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I send you some pictures?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
Hi Tony,yes you can send pictures via the paperclip Icon just above the text box. I will also send you the offer for phone service.
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
Once you accept the offer I can call you right away.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not see any paperclip Icon, and I have to go out soon and get some work performed on my vehicle.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I get back to you later on today or tomorrow?
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
I'm not sure if you hit the button by accident or not but on my end it says that you asked for a phone call. Did you want m to call you, or did you want to do this online?
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
It would take probably just 5 minutes for me to explain how to hook this up if we do it on the phone vs online.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think a phone call would be a good idea, but I do not have the time right now.
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
No problem, there are no time limits here, just reply back when you have more time and we can take it from there.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there a way I can reach you when I get back?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will just save the e-mail and use that to contact you. Thanks Jason.
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.
We do not work via email here, to reply back you want to make sure you are logged into justanswer.com with your username and password. After you are logged in, on the upper right click on 'My questions" and that will bring you back to here.