Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

What is the best way to remove the 40 lbs of silicone, so I

Customer Question

What is the best way to remove the 40 lbs of silicone, so I can remove the cable
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I'm trying to remove the steering cable but there is so much silicone holding the cable
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? There is definitely 1 way that is better than all others, but it is going to depend on how much access you have. Do you have reasonable access to get into that area with power tools, or it tight working quarters?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
It looks like you read my reply and logged off. Did you still need help with this? If you are trying to reply back please make sure you are replying back to the website, and not hitting reply to emails that are sent to you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
For some reason I can't get thru, my password ***** ***** working
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a very tight space
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry if the website is giving you trouble. If you are having a password ***** you would want to contact customer service at***@******.*** to get that worked out. (I don't work for the website directly, I am just a contractor). Is there any chance you can take a picture or two, or more, of what you are looking at so that I can see it?