Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 1986 to 1989 Suzuki DT55 I can't get it to idle

Customer Question

I have a 1986 to 1989 Suzuki DT55 I can't get it to idle when I put it in gear
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you. the first thing that you will need to do is a compression test on the engine. you are looking to see that all 3 cylinders are close to even and over 100 PSI. If that is good, and the engine has been sitting, the carbs will need to come off, be taken apart and totally cleaned using a good quality carb cleaner and compressed air. Once that is done, set all 3 mixture needles at 1 1/2 turns from a light seat, install new float needles and o-rings. Reinstall on the engine and set the sensors to where they were if you removed them at all.