Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

Yes -My alarm on my 496 h0 beeps twice every 5 to 7 minutes JA:

Customer Question

Yes -My alarm on my 496 h0 beeps twice every 5 to 7 minutes
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: In idle it doesn really beep but I go in gear and the alrm will sound twice and then again in 5 minutes-The temp gauge is not over heating and the gear lube is Full
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I had the impellars just replaced
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. What kinds of questions did you have?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
DougWhat can be causing this and how should I fix
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hi Doug,Does the boat have smart craft digital gauges in it, or are they just analog gauges?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Smart Craft
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Are you near the boat now?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no - but what were you thinking
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
1 more question. What year is the boat/engine? (It makes a difference)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2005 Donzi ZR with Twin 496 Ho motors
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Okay good. In a car, if there is a sensor gone bad on the engine the check engine light will come on and let you know it's time to have the car's computer scanned for codes in order to figure out what is causing the light. Mercruiser engines do not have check engine lights, but they do have an alarm system that will beep different patterns depending on what the issue is. The 2 beep alarm is the equivalent of the check engine light. When you get the 2 beep alarm you would treat the boat the same way as the car, and have a scan tool hooked up to it on order to pull codes. However, on Mercruisers equipped with Smart Craft gauges you can pull the codes through the tachometer. What you would do is duplicate the problem first, then hit MODE, then hit +, and that will flash a code directly you as to what is wrong. I have the list of codes for this engine, can you open up PDF files if I upload it for you in that format?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Are you still with me?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Doug? I'm here waiting on you. Are you all set or did you want the list of codes?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
It looks like you left. I'll go ahead and upload the code list. You can pull the code from the smart craft and compare it to this list to see what is causing the alarm. See attachment.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.Thank youJason