Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Seadoo jetski - idles but as soon as the throttle is pressed

Customer Question

seadoo jetski - idles but as soon as the throttle is pressed to take off it dies! Had it to a seadoo shop for repair. They cleaned the carborator and the filters throughout and it still does the same thing.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. The compression needs to be checked, fuel supply, check by pulling fuel cap off to see if it runs better, leak down test, rave valves checked and rebuilt as needed as well as being cleaned, stuck/sticking reeds, and then go back to the carb(s). It is very important that the carb is cleaned correctly and rebuilt correctly, you cannot clean a carb correctly without installing a new kit as well. When rebuilt the pop off pressure should also be tested. There are many things that need to be checked for the problem including does it only have a problem revving in water or also on a hose/trailer. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.
It could also be related to the pump or exhaust as well and that is why all the above must be checked and see if it is first fuel related.