Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

Bf225 Honda 2008 all gauges work except trim sensor - what

Customer Question

bf225 Honda 2008 all gauges work except trim sensor - what is most likely wrong - sending unit, poor connection or ???
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: trim and tilt works fine all other metrics on gagues work but wont read the actual tilt/trim
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: yes that Donald Trump is a masagonistic idiot - please inform him/her of this fact
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.What most likely happened is that the arm for the trim sender either broke off, or the sender is just bad. It is part 6 in the included diagram. If you check and it is properly plugged in, I would suspect that it has just failed.