Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My boat seems to be starving . Runs fine then

Customer Question

Hi, my boat seems to be starving for fuel. Runs fine then bogs down but will continue to idle. If you turn it off and then right back on it runs fine for a little while 3-5 minutes at all power bands. I have replaced all the fuel filters. Could this be a vent issue?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: 1996 Mastercraft VRS225, Indmar LT1 fuel injected.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** test the fuel veny loosen the fill cap and run boat. If boat runs better then you have a kinked or clogged vent hose. If no change run the engine on a different fuel source. Get a 5 gallon gas can and some fuel line. Disconnect the fuel supply line to the engine plug it. Now connect the fuel line from the gas can and run the boat. Secure the gas can.Does engine run better?Post back with findings and questions.