Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

THE OUT DIVE- WILL NOT GO DOWN OR UP. REPLACED THE SOLENOID

Customer Question

THE OUT DIVE- WILL NOT GO DOWN OR UP. REPLACED THE SOLENOID ,MAYBE I HAVE THE WIRING WRONG DO YOU KNOW THE WIRING. CAN ITY BE SOMETHING ELSE?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: GENERAL MARINE RCV-23
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: THE BOAT WAS SITTING ABOUT13 YEARS
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** get the make, model and serial number of the engine/outdrive you are working on please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i'LL HAVE THE INFORMATION TOMORROW FOR YOU-------OUT OF TOWN==THE ENGINE IS A 350 CHEVY AND THE MODEL NUMBER OF BOAT IS GENERAL MARINE RCV-23,THAT ALL I HAVE FOR NOW.THKS VIC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Ok Vic. What I need to know is the company that Marinized your engine. Mercruiser, Volvo, OMC or other. They all use different tilt and trim systems.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Mercruser. The solenoid just clicks, do you know the wiring,might have it hook wrong.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
For the solenloid wiring
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Here's a wiring diagram. http://i.imgur.com/MHBJ5UX.jpg