Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

The lights on your monitor panel always flash and has flushed

Customer Question

the lights on your monitor panel always flash and has flushed but I had to jiggle the connection when pushing the evacuation bottom and now it flashes and will not flush. Do I need to replace the monitor panel or more ? Thank you in advance.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? What engine are you working on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is not an engine this is a jabsco waste handing system in my boat .
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.
Hello Kirk. My name is ***** ***** do you have? I need a model number. You would have to check for voltage at the pump. This is possibly a bad switch , bad module or bad motor. I need the module model number or any info you can provide that lets me know what system you are working with.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The boat is in Florida and I am in Missouri. I will send you a picture of the monitor if that helps.
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.
This is going to be one of 2 things the panel or the motor. We need to test for voltage at the motor when you are operating the switch on the panel. If you have voltage at the motor and it doesn't run then motor is bad. If you have no voltage at the motor the panel is bad. I'm like you I suspect the panel but the voltage test will tell us which one is bad. Does this make sense?