Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

DF 140 RUNNING ROUGH. Rev limiter working and will not let

Customer Question

dF 140 RUNNING ROUGH. Rev limiter working and will not let it go over 3000 rpms.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Change oil in both engines, On start up engine check light on starboard motor beeps (every second, just one beep) Beeping stopped after idling for a while but still idling rough. Checked and changed plugs to no avail.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Every time the check engine light goes off it will flash a pattern indicating a trouble code. Can you have a look at the light and let me know what pattern it is flashing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
one beep approx. every second. But it cleared itself after idling for a while.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
If the check engine light was on I will need to know what pattern it's flashing. There are no time limits here, can you go and duplicate the problem, and then check the light and see what pattern it is flashing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Boat is 350 miles away now. One beep every second.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
If you are not near the boat this won't be something I can help you with.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.