Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I need some help. I bought a 04 yamaha 150 and we did a service

Customer Question

I need some help. I bought a 04 yamaha 150 and we did a service on it. We change the water pump and the housing. When we tried it out it took 8-15 sec to get water out of the pee hole. Took it apart again checked it put and the impeller is going in the right direction. When it's start to pee it works fine, cold water come out of it. I know it should not take that long to start peeing. I need help. Any ideas
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hi Brian, my name is ***** ***** to 15 seconds really isnt' that long. But let me ask you a question back. Are you running the engine on a trailer, with a garden hose. Or is the boat in he water?