Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 2.5 EFI Mercury outboard that won't ide below 2500

Customer Question

I have a 2.5 EFI Mercury outboard that won't ide below 2500 unless I keep pushing the choke thru the key Runs fine above Pulled the injectors and they all spray the fuel pump is pushing 48 psi all plugs are clean.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Would you please post the serial number on the engine so I can run it and see exactly what you have. Next, what is the story/history on this engine, when did it last idle correctly?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not where I can get the s/n put boat away in storage .
The boat has always run good and idled It has sat for 3 montsh without running but has fresh gas. Just started it today. Started right up but would not hold and idle runs fine above 2500 rpm.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I pulled injectors and they all sprayed fine and pulled plugs and they all are clean.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Without having the serial number there is no way for me to know exactly what you have. How is it I can help you, what kinds of questions do you have?