Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a omc 140 outboard 1985 when you r u n it it runs perfect

Customer Question

I have a omc 140 outboard 1985 when you r u n it it runs perfect and after about 20 min the alarm will sound. A mech. Told me to disconnect the oil reservoir and mix gas 50:1 done that and it still sends a alarm and the beep goes slow when going slow and when you speed up the beep gets faster. Any idea what this could be the motor runs great
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** the beep about 30 seconds apart? These engine alarms have 3 functions. 1 low oil warning beeps about every 30 seconds, 2 continuous alarm over heat and finally no oil alarm 1/2 second on 1/2 off.Which alarm do you have?