Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Boat Mechanic. 1988 Bayliner Capri with 5.0 (305) I/O. When

Customer Question

Boat Mechanic. 1988 Bayliner Capri with 5.0 (305) I/O. When boat came out of storage after a year and a half the starter was totaly inoperative. The old starter was a hot, ground, neautral, and an additional post so 4 in all. Replaced it with a standard automotive starter for the year and make with hot, ground, and neautral. Starter now engages properly and engine cranks but will not start. I have replaced the ignition parts with a new coil, distributer cap, points, condenser and plugs. There is spark at the plugs. I have poured fuel as well as sprayed starter fluid straight down the throat of the carb. It still wont fire. I am at my witts end. What have I missed.
Category: Boat
Expert:  heavy_chevy_396 replied 5 months ago.
How strong of a spark do you have?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i would say fair, it si blue
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i would say fair, to good. it is blue
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Which engine do you have in the boat, can I get the make, model or serial number on that so I know exactly what you have.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hello, it looks like you read my reply and logged off. Did you still need help with this?