Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Put it in the water last week, and it ran fine the first day.

Customer Question

Put it in the water last week, and it ran fine the first day. Today, backed it out away from the dock and hit the throttle to go forward and it stalled. Now it will not start. Just sits and tries to turn over, but no luck.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: It is a mercruiser 4.3L V6 with a carburetor...not fuel injected
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: IO drive
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Will it start on starting fluid? Have you checked for spark?What kinds of questions did you have?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Are you still with me?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have not tried starter fluid...don't have any
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
What kinds of questions did you have for me? How is it I can help you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wondering how to check fuel filter and pump?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
In order to tell you that I will need the serial number on the engine. Can I get the serial number please.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not at the boat right now and the documentation is at my house.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
No problem, there are no time limits here. Do you want to reply back once you have the info I need?