Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a 2013 Yamaha four stroke with electric start. Did a

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Yamaha four stroke with electric start. Did a stupid thing trying to do more than one thing at a time. Swapped battery and hooked up post backwards. Sparked when hit ignition. Can't tell if fuses are burnt or not. What's your thoughts besides this was stupid? Fuse? Battery? Battery is 2 yrs old and I did have to charge it.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Hello Doug, my name is***** will assist you.Do you have the full model number from the engine?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** have a multimeter to do a bit of testing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not at this time. Looking for suggestions.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Take each fuse ont one by one. Hold them up to the light to see if any breaks in the material can be detected. Is the engine still sparking when you turn the key, or what does it do?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Fuses are inline and cannot be removed without cutting and crimping back looks like. No, it only sparked at battery once then I fixed wires on battery. It does nothing. Hadn't started in a few months and battery was at 65%. I charged to 90 and tried again but still nothing.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Part 9 in this diagram.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Did you see anything on the fuses?