Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

The live well stopped pumping water. The boat has been in

Customer Question

the live well stopped pumping water. The boat has been in the garage for about 5 months. Any ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hi Robert, my name is***** you check for power to the livewell with a voltmeter to see what we get for voltage?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have voltmeter handy. Can you tell me where to look for the live well pump or a web site that might have a picture or location?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry no I can not. I will opt out.
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** well pump will be at the transom of the boat connected to a thru hull fitting.Here's an example of a live well pump in a Carolina Skiff. The pump with the 2 hoses is the live well pump. Just test for voltage on the 2 wires going to the pump. With no volt meter all you can do is remove the pump and see if the impeller spins freely. Have you checked all the fuses?