Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

The live well stopped pumping water. The boat has been in

Customer Question

the live well stopped pumping water. The boat has been in the garage for about 5 months. Any ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, my name is***** you check for power to the livewell with a voltmeter to see what we get for voltage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have voltmeter handy. Can you tell me where to look for the live well pump or a web site that might have a picture or location?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry no I can not. I will opt out.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** well pump will be at the transom of the boat connected to a thru hull fitting.Here's an example of a live well pump in a Carolina Skiff. The pump with the 2 hoses is the live well pump. Just test for voltage on the 2 wires going to the pump.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/Fillet1/sump.jpg With no volt meter all you can do is remove the pump and see if the impeller spins freely. Have you checked all the fuses?