Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

I have a fresh overhaul on a seadoo 951 engine the carbs are

Customer Question

I have a fresh overhaul on a seadoo 951 engine the carbs are kitted . The fuel is fresh . It has injection on the oil and I added fresh gas with a 40-1 oil mix just for breakin. It Idles fine but wont rev up past 3000 . It died when I hit the throttle hard.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: It is a 2001 seadoo gtx carburated . 951 cc
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. First check compression and preform a leak down test, make sure there are no exhaust restrictions and then check fuel supply and fuel pump as well as fuel filter and pick up, remove fuel cap and if problem is still there then chances are it is the carbs still which is fairly common..... it is so easy for a carb rebuild to result in a problem without perfect conditions during the rebuild, it also depends on how they were cleaned and rebuilt if they were done correctly otherwise they will be problems until doing so. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.