Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have 2 bf90a Honda outboards. 1 motor weep (peehole) pumps

Customer Question

I have 2 bf90a Honda outboards. 1 motor weep (peehole) pumps cold water, the other hot water. Any idea?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hi Peter, my name is ***** ***** only 1 peephole on the engine. What is this other hole you are referring to? Can you take a picture of it for me?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1 peephole on each engine 1 is hot 1is cold water
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Ahh Gotcha. If anything it sounds like the thermostat might be stuck open on the cold engine. If you pull the engine cover off, start the engine and let it run for maybe 5 to 10 minutes, does the cylinder head get real warm to the touch? (160F or so)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes it gets warm. The thermostat is new it also has a miss on a cylinder
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.I was just checking in to see if you still needed assistance with your engines. If so, please reply back to me and we can continue to troubleshoot the issue that you are having.