Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

We have a 135 Merc outboard with a oil reservoir that didn't

Customer Question

We have a 135 Merc outboard with a oil reservoir that didn't pump oil into the little tank on the top and the motor stopped running. I'm hoping that it stopped because a kill switch was activated that saved the motor from burning up. We have now oil into the upper reservoir, and the engine turns over but wont start. How do I deactivate the kill switch?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** no kill for no oil. When the oil level gets low you should get an alarm. Did you get any alarm? We need to do a compression test and check for spark.To test for spark you will need a spark gap tester. will need a compression gauge to do the compression test.We have to do these 2 tests to find the problem.