Ted G.
Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician
Experience:  40 years boating, Safe boating instruct., Offshore Race promoter, Failure Analysis, Expert Witness
7183013

What is the Deadrise Sessa Dorado 28 ft (the angle

Customer Question

what is the Deadrise for 1990 Sessa Dorado 28 ft (the angle of the V in the hull)?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 months ago.
The transom deadrise on that boat is a relatively shallow 16 degrees. It is not a true deep V and is called a modified V hull.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
GOOD DAY MR TED
IT TOOK WAY TO LONG TIME. I HAVE CONTACTED SESSA-MANUFACTURER IN ITALY AND THEY HAVE ADVISED ME (I HAVE THAT E MAIL) THAT D-R ANGLE IS 15 DEG AND NOT 16 AS YOU STATED. DO YOU HAVE ANY DOCUMENTATION THAT WOULD SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM?
Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 months ago.
Well, to be honest with you, I couldn't find any technical specs on the boat so I used some photos and measured it, looks like I was off by a degree!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
MR TED
SORRY BUT CLOSE ENOUGH IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. DR FOR ANGLES BTW 12-15 USE ONE TYPE OF TRANSDUCER AND DR WITH ANGLE FM 16-24 USE DIFFERENT TYPE.
SO IF I WOULD HAVE TAKEN YR ANSWER I WOULD END UP BUYING WRONG PART. THIS INFOS MUST ALWAYS BE 100% CORRECT .