Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

25 hp four stroke carbeurated bigfoot won't shut off with key.

Customer Question

25 hp four stroke carbeurated bigfoot won't shut off with key. With key off black/yellow is grounded all the way to the ECU. Does grounding shut this motor off or an absence of voltage to ECU
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist youWould you please post the serial number of the engine?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am away from the engine until tomorrow, but it is in the OT series
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
With key off black/yellow wire is grounded to ECU and open with switch on...yet engine will not shut off
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Check to make sure that the black wire on the key switch is actually going to ground as well. This is where the black/yellow wire gets its ground siginal to kill the spark to the engine.