Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

My bilge pump wont stop, it keeps humming even when the boat

Customer Question

my bilge pump wont stop, it keeps humming even when the boat is off, and it has drained 2 batteries. How do I turn it off?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** auto float switch is connected directly to the batteries. So you have to locate the brown wire going to the auto float switch of the bilge pump. Disconnect at the positive battery cable connection. It could be connected at the battery switch or directly at the battery. It is wired this way so when you turnb the batteries off you still have an auto bilge pump working. Post back with questions and findings.