Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1995 mariner 115elpt 4 cylinder 2 stroke. It ran all

Customer Question

I have a 1995 mariner 115elpt 4 cylinder 2 stroke. It ran all of Feb to may 5 without missing a lick. On the 6 of May I put it in the lake it cranked over coughed once then nothing cranked but not fire to the plugs, the only hiccup all spring was I needed to charge the starting battery every 2_3 days. Since the break down I pulled the yellow black kill switch wires still no fire to plugs. I put an ohm meter on the rectifier and it was everywhere but zero .. What is next?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi David.Mariners of that age are cataloged by serial number. Can I get the serial number so I can look up exactly which engine, and more importantly, which ignition system you have. -Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi David. Just checking in, did you have that serial number?