Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

I just bought a 2004 Ranger Ghost 169. It has a Suzuki DF90A

Customer Question

I just bought a 2004 Ranger Ghost 169. It has a Suzuki DF90A on it. Do I mix oil in the gas take for four strokes like this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** not mix oil in the gas. DF disignates this as a 4 stroke engine. DF 90 A is 2009 and up.The engine uses 4 stroke oil in the crankcase. This is 4 stroke like you car. The engine model number and serial number will determine the model year. If the engine is original to the boat the HIN# ***** tell us the year also. The HIN(hull id number) is on the stbd side of the boat on the transom up near the rub rail.