Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I bought a used 2006 60hp Yamaha(4stroke)with 703 control box

Customer Question

I bought a used 2006 60hp Yamaha(4stroke)with 703 control box and cables.Everything fits except the throttle cable on the engine side.Its about 2"too short to match to the motorthrottle pin.Did the people I bought this from just throw any cables and send it to me or I'mdoind something wrong.I'm stuck inSamoa and I dont thinkI can find one here in the middle of thr Pacific ocean.LOL
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Can you send me cable Fedex????
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Can you take a picture of the end of the cable, as well as how it sits in the engine, so I can see it?