Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Pearl, I have a 2000 Johnson J90 outboard. There is a small

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a 2000 Johnson J90 outboard. There is a small triangular red knobs on the front between the 4 carbs. What is this and it's Purpose?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Well my issue is associated with hard starts after sitting for a couple of days. But I am curious about the knobs that I wxplained. And I cannot find any info on what it is.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: If you could ask the mechanic about the red knob, and also thier opinion on if I should disconnect the VRO. Or leave it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Can you take a picture of these red knobs that you are looking at so I can see what you are looking at?