Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2007 285 Ciera, and I believe the fresh water intakes

Customer Question

I have a 2007 285 Ciera, and I believe the fresh water intakes for the engine cooling system are plugged with silt/mud. Is there a way to clean them/unplug them without taking the boat out of the water? - Thanks, Lou
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lou, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Does the boat have an alpha or a bravo sterndrive?What kind of problems are you having?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an inboard (Mercury 350) with an outdrive. I believe my fresh water intakes for the engine cooling system are plugged. Engine starts, and teansmission engages fine, but when I try to add RPM (say above 2000), I get a very loud warning beep
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Are you just getting a beep or is the engine actually overheating? Do you know if you have an alpha or a bravo sterndrive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Getting a beep, engine is not over heating. It is a twin prop bravo outdrive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a "call me" message, was that you or just an ad?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That's the website, it is offering you phone service as a way to communicate instead of doing this via typing. If you are getting a beep but not overheating you are going to have to get the engine hooked up to a scan tool in order to have a code pulled to try to find out why the beep is going off. This won't be something I can help you with here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this is very helpful. Thank you. Our call is concluded, correct? Lou
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
If you have a specific question for me you can ask and I can answer. But if you are trying to chase an alarm issue that isn't something I can help you with over a computer. You need a tech on site to hook up a scan tool o the engine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. Good luck