Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

2002 MalIbu Indmar 5.7 Carb will no start. The engine will

Customer Question

2002 MalIbu Indmar 5.7 Carb will no start. The engine will not turn over but the gauges do come up. I installed a new battery yesterday and even charged it overnight. I do hear a click.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.With you hearing a click on the engine, it will depend on where you are hearing it from. If it is coming from the top of the engine, that is the starter solenoid, you will then need to test the voltage on the output post of the solenoid to see if the voltage is coming thru it. If it is not, replace the solenoid. If you are hearing the click from the starter, check the main fuse on it and make sure that voltage is present on both sides, if there is and the starter will still not engage, it is the starter that will need to be either repaired or replaced.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I didn't hear from anyone earlier today I went and dropped it off at the boat repair place
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Sorry to hear that. We have been pretty crazy here in the category lately. It is that time of year again.