Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Volvo TAMD 41A: there Mr. Mechanic,I have a tamd 41

Customer Question

Hi there Mr. Mechanic,
I have a tamd 41 a with a leaking fuel injector pump. Leaking at "O" ring on distributor head. The motor is installed and awkward. In trying to loosen distributor head I have managed to strip the the allen key hex in the bolt.
Now I have to remove pump but cannot find timing marks on flywheel. Also to remove pump do I need to strip timing gear cover off to align the marks or does the pump come away leaving the gear in place?
Also where can I obtain a workshop manual.
Sometimes I fear for my sanity,
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hi Jeff, my name is ***** ***** can be purchased through Volvo, there are actually 6 different manuals for this engine that make up the entire set. On the installation of the injection pump, there are some special tools that are needed to reinstall the pump. Those tools would need to be purchased through Volvo as well. I can give you the instructions for installing the pump, can you open up PDF files if I upload the instructions for you in that format?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Jason.
I just had this problem and now I have it fixed. I don't need the 12 months service offer.
I am just an old retired man who got himself a bit flustered trying to work in a very awkward position.Thanks again for your efforts.Regards,Jeff Walton