Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I rebuilt the the tilt rams and now I can't get it to go down.

Customer Question

I rebuilt the the tilt rams and now I can't get it to go down. Feels like there is now pressure. Tried the up and down thing and tried coming lined to bleed air. Even took spool apart thinking it was stuck in up position. Now don't what to do
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It will go down if I put weight on it but it seems soft and I can lift the unit back up with hands. It goes up just fine and it holds
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: The reason I rebiuld the rams and spool is cause it would sag. If would raise the unit over night it sag to the ground.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.What is the engine that you are working on?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
350 magnum
Expert:  Charles replied 8 months ago.
Ok great. I do not work on these engines, so I will opt out and one of the inboard techs will come along and assist you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just wondering if any was get back to me. Been over 24 hrs