Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

GA-I want to hook up a permanent

Customer Question

I want to hook up a permanent tachometer to my Johnson 40 hp 2 stroke outboard. Where do I pick the RPMS for the tachometer on the engine
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** get the engine model number please?
Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.
Is this a remote electric start with or with out trim?
Expert:  James-cssm replied 9 months ago.
Hi Buddy,
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/boat/9oszs-want-hook-permanent.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.
On the side of the motor you will have a terminal strip where all the wires connect. Locate the gray wire that is the signal wire for the tach. Now if you have a Johnson side mount control with key switch there is a plug under the key that has all the wires for the tach hook up. Gray, purple and black. Post back with questions.This is just general info till I get more info from you like a model number.