Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

My 50 hp e tec engine started today first time this

Customer Question

my 50 hp e tec engine started today for the first time this year ran for a bit died out i kept trying to start it but no good i pulled the plug cleaned it and it started then stopped i pulled the plug and it was bone dry no gas getting to the plug y
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kevin, my name is***** the engine cover off, and have a helper turn the key to run, but not start. Can you hear the high pressure fuel pump kick on and run for approximately 2 seconds?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kevin, I don't want to call you just yet. These are extremely complicated engines and there is an 80/20 chance I won't be able to help you unless it's something easy or something stands out. Are you able to tell me if the high pressure pump runs for 2 seconds when you turn the key to run?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am not sure i dont remember ever hearing a pump kiick on