Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I recently purchaced a used Searay 210 with a 5.7

Customer Question

I recently purchaced a used Searay 210 with a 5.7 mercruiser. In the fall I had a boat shop winterize the boat. I opened the engine compartment this spring and found that the four water hoses we disconnected from the water pump. Other than reconnecting the hoses to the water pump, what else needs to be done to take it out on the water. This is my first boat 2000 Searay 210
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? There is no real way to answer your question simply because there is no way to know what your marina/shop did to winterize the boat. Some shops leave drain plugs in, others leave them out. Some shops disconnect hoses, others do not. What you would start with is hooking up a battery. Hooking your hoses back up. Checking the oil levels. If all looks good, start the engine up and see if there are any leaks. If there are leaks, those are most likely from missing drain plugs. Does that make sense to you?
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Did you have any other questions on the issue?