Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My steering is frozen and I need to remove the rod which is

Customer Question

my steering is frozen and I need to remove the rod which is stuck
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I disconnected the rod from the motor and the steering cable on the other side , but the rod which connects to the motor is stuck in place , I think I need to take it out and clean the old grease out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Hello Steve, my name is***** will assist you today. What engine do you have on the boat?Have you tried to twist the rod any at all?