Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1994 40hp Johnson outboard. I want to hook up a tachometer

Customer Question

I have a 1994 40hp Johnson outboard. I want to hook up a tachometer to the engine. Where do I hook up to the engine for RPM Readings
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
Hi Buddy, my name is***** you looking to hook up just a hand held tach to check rpms? Or are you looking to hook up an actual boat tachometer so the boa has a tach full time? Is the engine tiller control, or remote control? Do you happen to have the model number on it?
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
Are you still with me Buddy?If you are trying to reply back make sure you are replying back in the chat box on the website, and that you are not replying to any emails the system sends you. We work through the website here, not through email. If you prefer to do this over the phone we can also do that.